Friday, August 9, 2013

New Digs

I was a little worried about selling our home and having an early closing without a new place to live lined up.  We were lucky to find a nice home for rent in northwest Raleigh that I think we will enjoy very much.


From the front, it looks like a ranch-style home.  Yes, that's concrete, no grass in the front to mow.  But it is surrounded by garden beds with hundreds of azaleas and an irrigation system.

The back of the house is what caught our interest.


Look at that lanai!  It is 54 feet long!  And it overlooks a hot tub and pond!


We are just renting this house for a year, so I am not too worried about all those steps in my old age. 

There is also a very nice kitchen, although I admit to not being much of a cook any more.


The kitchen, dining room, and living room all open to the lanai with sliding glass doors.



So, I now have good motivation for all the packing and preparations for the move.  

Now...which room will be my sewing room?  There is a room on the main floor with built-in shelves that will probably be the one.


But there is also a guest room downstairs that might fit the bill.


I think we will need to use the closets in the guest room in addition to the closets in the master bedroom, so that narrows down the choice.  All of the rooms are large enough for my twelve-foot longarm table, but I'm not sure we can get it in.  It might end up being in the garage.

Back to work...pack, pack, pack!  Oh, and baby Charlotte and her dog Roo will be with us until Tuesday while their parents are at a wedding in Colorado.  We pick her up tonight from her other grandma's house.  Hope she finds it amusing to watch us pack!

No comments: