Monday, July 15, 2013

Sunflowers Wallhanging

Here is the wallhanging that I quilted for my friend, Carolyn, on my Janome 6600 domestic sewing machine.


I stitched in the ditch around the inner edge of the brown border.  The rest of it is quilted with color-coordinating thread in stippling or meandering or contour designs.




This was a fun project, and I was glad to help her out with the quilting even though my Gammill is not at the house at present.

I also got the short side of the framing fabric done for the next child's quilt that I am making, and they are all pressed and ready to sew the long sides next time.


Other than that, I did not get much done today.  We had a showing on the house with only an hour's notice. Just as they left, another man came to the door and said he wants to buy a house with enough land for a horse and a pony.  We have three acres plus a little more, so I told him to go walk the lot if he wanted to.  We are allowed to have horses in the neighborhood.   I also had a contractor come out to give estimates on removing wallpaper and some other work, and made an appointment for the next measurement for our replacement windows. Always something!

No comments: