Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Journal Pages


I made this little watercolor pencil sketch of Lily playing at the creek at our mountain place back in July.  Since then I have embellished with a few more "found" butterflies!


And here is a completed page spread featuring my recent river and lake "architecture tour" in Chicago.  Collage, silver pen, black Sharpie pen, white acrylic paint.

We are home this weekend and babysitting for our grand-dog, Roo.  He has been an excellent house guest so far!  We had steaks for dinner, and he waited patiently on his rug while we ate.  He has enjoyed chasing the Frisbee in the yard.  Dave said he would experience separation anxiety.  I think he must have meant the papa, not the doggie!



It has been good to have a doggie in the house again.  Maybe we will think about becoming "parents" again.   It's been almost a year since we lost Maggie.  Maybe I am getting over it!

No comments: