Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Got new dishes!

I am taking a little break from preparing the binding for my Carolina Lily quilt. I did cut the scallops yesterday, and they look fairly even. I have stay-stitched the layers of the quilt together and am ready to make the bias binding.

I thought I would get this done yesterday, but when the UPS truck arrived, all sewing stopped! I finally ordered some new dishes for our home from Winterthur. After admiring this set in the catalog for a long time, I decided to go for it since they were currently on sale. I think these will look nice at home and also in the cabin when we move up there. Anyway, it took a long time to unwrap, wash, and remove two stickers from the back of each dish. Hmmm, may have to cook a meal to try them out!


2 comments:

Nik said...

Your work is beautiful. I am particularly in love with the painted quilt. I found your site during a search for a sewing machine repair shop in Raleigh, NC. I just received a vintage Necchi and want to get it cleaned/oiled so that I can use it.

Cathie said...

Jeanne - these dishes are really cool. They have a bold, country feel and will look lovely in your cabin -- eventually!