Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Patsy Aiken fabric

Yesterday I decided to check out a sale at the Patsy Aiken outlet in Raleigh. They make high-end children's clothes, and were having a sale of up to 75% off. Anyone who watches Extreme Makeover, Home Edition may have seen last season that they donated clothes for the children of the Riggins family in Raleigh, as well as to the ministry they work with. Since I am visiting the grandkids this weekend, I had to check out the sale. I got Avery a bathing suit and shirt with alligators, since he is crazy about them. Lily got a bubble sun suit with polka dot ribbon ties on the shoulders. I also bought her some blue and white checked seersucker shorts. I took them home and added two rows of white rickrack and a line of floral stitching using pastel variegated thread. Now they look girly! They had a wall of shelves with two-yard cuts of the same fabric that the outfits are made of. And only four dollars a yard! Also had other cuts available, bags of matching trims, collars, etc. I purchased some pink flowered and some pink check fabric for making quilts for our guild's Quilts for Kids program. I am not sure the content of the fabric, but it is either combed cotton or a soft knit.

Well, off to get ready for my trip to South Carolina!

2 comments:

Brother Jeff said...

You are sew talented! We've been enjoying your blog and seeing your work. Please post a photo of McBrayer Lake when you can. Enjoy your trip to SC!

Anonymous said...

Exclusive, high quality designer children's fabrics now available onlline from Patsy Aiken Designs maker of Chez Ami, Chez Belle and Littles designer clothing. Knits, wovens, fleece and swimsuit fabrics. More than 70 current prints & solids to choose from. Check often for updated offerings. www.chezami.com